Limelight

Breaking News

Limelight

Limelight

Polls

Life during COVID-19 has negatively impacted my mental health.

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Homecoming Kick-off

Homecoming+Kick-off

Limestone Community High School’s homecoming kick-off, held on Sunday, September 16th, debuted this year. The event consisted of a Volleybuff (a volleyball game with male players) and PowderPuff (a football game with female players) game, food trucks, and the annual bonfire. This event was open to the public but only LCHS students who paid a participation fee were allowed to play.

The teams for each event were separated by class and were coached by members of the football and volleyball teams.  Jalen Caho an LCHS sophomore and a player in the Volleybuff event said,  “This was a fun way to go into the homecoming week. This event is a great way to bring together the LCHS community and an entertaining way to raise money for our Easterseals program”. 

Sophomore student council member Joey Shields played in the Volleybuff game. Shields said, “The whole event went exactly as planned.  Nobody got angry or in a serious argument, and it was a fun experience for everyone there.”  Shields continued, “The success of this event gives the school the option of having a new recurring homecoming tradition that raises money for our school or our Easterseals program.”

Many spectators expressed their enjoyment of the new homecoming activities.  Senior Henry Pardieck said, “I really had a good time this whole homecoming week. The homecoming kickoff was a nice touch.  I envy the freshmen who get to come into school with all this nice stuff and get the whole first-year high school experience.”  Pardieck began his freshman year during the Coronavirus pandemic.   “My freshman year was during the whole lockdown when nobody could leave the house. So getting to experience everything so late is kind of a bummer, but I’m still grateful I got the experience eventually”.

Student Council President Connor Pilgrim said,  “A lot of people including the school board wanted to try something new.  The food trucks and extra activities just raised more money for our Easterseals program,” said Pilgrim.