Costa Rica, Culture, and Kids

Over the summer, Mrs. Adriana Bryan and several students traveled to Costa Rica to experience a new culture and learn from the country. 

Bryan began taking this trip with students several years ago because many students would not have a chance to travel to another country otherwise. The trip is an educational opportunity for students to try new activities like zip lining, boat rides, white water rafting, and spending a day at the beach.  Students also take a nightly walk and get to experience nocturnal animals. 

Aside from doing activities and exploring the country, students also had the opportunity to visit a grade school, donate supplies, and visit with some of the school students from kindergarten to 8th grade. “Spending time with students that have so much less than we do and seeing the smile on my students’ faces when talking with the Costa Rican students was one of the best parts of the trip,” Bryan said. 

Bryan takes a new group of students to travel with her every 2 years. The next planned trip is in 2024. “If anyone is ever given the chance to travel, they should take it because it opens your eyes to a whole new world,” said Bryan.  She continues, “The experience is indescribable and the memories are everlasting.”

LCHS students who are interested in traveling in 2024 with Bryan should stop by room 204 to inquire.