Decker Promoted to Assisant Principal

Mrs. Stephanie Decker has been promoted to assistant principal from head counselor at Limestone Community High School.   

As assistant principal, Decker is the head of the English, special education, fine arts, foreign language, and student services departments.  She accepted her new position to be more active with teachers and staff.  “I wanted to be able to support the teachers and see the positive changes made at the school,” said Decker.   In this role, she wants to get to know the teachers in the departments that she supervises, and she wants to make sure that the curriculum is, “the best that it can be for students.”  Decker wants to also continue improving and expanding on the programs that are beneficial to students.

Prior to her time at Limestone, Decker worked in a variety of mental health programs.  She was working at a District 150 alternative school when a friend initially told her about a position at Limestone.  “I love the community and all of the different communities that come to Limestone,” said Decker, who began working at Limestone in 2002 as the Drug & Alcohol Prevention Coordinator.  Over the years she has served in various roles in the student services department, including freshman counselor and counselor before she became the head counselor.

Decker has lived in Peoria her whole life and is a graduate of Woodruff High School. She has earned degrees in English, counseling, school counseling, administration, and special education from Northeast Missouri State, Bradley University, Governor’s State University, and Illinois State University.