LCHS Philanthropy Award

Adam Davis and Aiden Davis, Writer

Limestone Community High School has been awarded the “Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy” award. The award is a plaque that represents all that Limestone does for the community and its student body.

Limestone was nominated by Easterseals then selected by the Association of Fundraising Professionals for this award. The Student Council Seniors accepted this award on behalf of the entire student body. This award has been given out locally from the Central Illinois Chapter since 2004.  This is our first time receiving this honor.

Mrs. Seals says, “This award shows what a giving school and community we have.  Compared to other districts we are not the largest or the most wealthy, but by coming together we are able to do some amazing things.  Each year,  I am amazed how our entire community comes together to give up their time, talents, and money to help make an impact in the lives of others.  And it doesn’t stop there – to see everyone buy into the mission of inclusion, acceptance, respect, and empowerment is perhaps the most impactful lesson we can all learn.”  Mrs. Stout says, “hopefully after this, the students will take pride in what they do and the impact they have on the community and their school.”